Latest Cabo News
> Casas de carton in Cabo9/7/2017

Cabo’s chronic housing shortage highlighted after Tropical Storm Lidia washes away over 7000 homes…

> Airlines to collect Cabo tourist tax9/7/2017

New tourist tax to be collected via airlines from December. Cruise passengers will be exempt...

> How calm is Cabo after the storm9/6/2017

Cabo – downtown versus uptown. Two different pictures …

> Cabo on orange alert as Tropical Storm Lidia strengthens8/31/2017

Conditions deteriorate in Cabo - howling wind and lashing rain. Storm Lidia may well strengthen before hitting land tomorrow...

> Red Alert as center of storm only 25 miles from Cabo8/31/2017

Red alert as storm Lidia strengthens, with center due to pass over Cabo in next few hours...

Suggest An Article

If you would like to suggest a subject relevent to Los Cabos that we could write about, please get in touch.

Get in Touch >
< back

Snow Forecast In The Baja

Date Published:

The recent dramatic drop in temperatures Baja California caused by cold fronts from the North and West and a mass of polar air that is yet to hit are causing the highlands of Baja California Sur, in particular the Sierra de la Laguna , to suffer below freezing temperatures and actual frost.

Tempertaures of -3 degress Celcius (26F) have already been recorded producing icy coatings on plants in the high Sierra.

According to Metmex at least two Polar air masses will cross the peninsula:  an easterly from December 31 until January 3, followed by another until January 26, which will possibly pull temperatures in the mountains down to a chilly -10 degrees Celsius (14F).

Besides the intense cold, there is a 60%chance of hail, a 40% chance of sleet and a 25% chance of snow, mainly in areas above 1,500 meters , but forecast to potentially affect the higher areas in and around the Los Cabos municipality specifically.

Whilst there is zero chance of snow affecting Medano beach, it might be wise to be aware if you are planning any trips into the Sierra and to pack additional clothing.

Needless to say it will be cool in the evenings everywhere at low levels during these cold fronts so perhaps keep that sweater handy too!

Looks like we missed a white Christmas by a week!

< Article List

Latest Cabo Fishing Reports

Gordo Banks Cabo Fishing Report 23 August 2017

Tuna Dominate Bite, More Dorado Move in... More

Jen Wren Cabo Fishing Report 13 August 2017

The 18th annual East Cape Bisbee has been and... More

Social Media



Give Us Your Feedback

©2014 iTravel Connected, San Jose Del Cabo, Baja California Sur, Mexico.
Email: Website presented on Big Red.